Technique Small Smile and Frown Unhappy to Happy in 17 Seconds
- Sit up in your chair
- Feet flat on the floor
- Hands on lap comfortably
- Its okay to move and readjust to stay comfortable
- Notice if there is any expression on your face
- Notice the effort to hold that expression
- Release that effort
- Allow eyes to close
- Allow a very slight closed mouth smile to form
- Allow a very slight closed mouth frown to form
- Very slowly go up and back from smile to frown
- Stop at the next smile and feel your face
- What sensation is there
- What is your sense of feeling or mood associated with this sensation
- Try the slight frown
- Form a tight smile
- Place attention on the smile
- Feel the effort
- Release the effort relax
What do you feel or sense right now?
By repeating this exercise with all emotions that come up you will groove the sense of relaxing into happiness any time you choose.
This becomes an automatic response a habit whenever you start to sense you are stressed. On or off the matt, golf course,work or home.
You become healthier as your life becomes less stressful and happier even though you are still doing the same things.